Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Stampavie Design Team Call

Stampavie is having a design team call, and I thought I would put my name in the running.

I started scrapbooking 6 or 7 years ago. My mother was into it, so kept buying me stuff and eventually I started using it. It wasn't until a year or so ago that I started stamping and cardmaking. When I ran across some Sarah Kay images on the internet, I fell in love. These stamps really did change the way I made my cards. The images reminded me of some dolls I used to play with as a kid. I ordered some right away. Pretty soon after wards I ordered some Copic Markers and another obsession started!

Here are the cards I came up with:

Card Details:
Stamps-Sarah Kay image "Puppy Love;" Sentiment stamp-Studio G
Copic Colors- 0,W0, W2, C1, C3, C5, V01, V12, E00, E31, E33, Y23, R20, Spica #11 (for the key)
Papers-My Minds Eye, Bazzill cardstock
Ribbon-Amuse:Passion Purple


Card Details:
Stamps-Sarah Kay "Precious Moments"
Papers-October Afternoon, Bazzill cardstock, Kraft cardstock
Copic colors-0, W0, W2, B32, B45, G24, Y11, Y15, Y23, BV01, BV23, BV25, R20, RV11, RV34, E00, E31, E55, E57
Sentiment-October Afternoon sticker
Flower Rhinestones are from my stash-unknown

I think the second card is my most favorite card ever! I love how my coloring turned out and I love the way the finished card turned out, it goes together so well. I know there are so many great stampers out there and to even be considered for the Stampavie design team call is amazing. I know the right person will be chosen for the team. Cross your fingers for me!

Random Fact: I love zombies. I read zombie fiction, and often watch and rewatch the same zombie movies time and again. Zombies scare me so much, and I love being scared! I often watch them while stamping and scrapbooking.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

They would be crazy not to pick you! those cards and images are beautiful April! good luck, you know I am rooting for you friend!

is it our lunch date time yet? I miss you!