Monday, July 20, 2009

New Magnolias

Hey everyone, I am back from vacation. I spent two weeks in northern New York with family, and come back to you fully revived. I learned out how to tear a tub out and walls apart. That wasn't the most fun I had, but I did enjoy working with my dad. As I have gotten older, I have come to appreciate my parents more. I love getting to know them now that I am an adult, it is such a different perspective. I also got to spend lots of time with my baby sister, Amanda. She got her permit while I was there. I am so proud of her! I even took her out driving, and if you can believe it I wasn't nervous at all about it. I always enjoy all of the time I get with my family, but it is always too short. :(

I put my order in for the Summer Kit from Magnolia a month or so ago. I was surprised to see it when I got back from my trip. This is my first time ordering one of their seasonal kits, and I am very happy with the kit. I will most definitely use all of the stamps. Here is the first card that I came up with.


I didn't take a picture of my Copics while I had them out, so I will list them for you:
W0, W2, R12, R20, R32, R37, BG72, BG75, E00, E02, E33, Y21, Y23
I also used Spicas: 00, 02, 08

The patterned papers are Basic Grey and an old piece of KI Memories (the shimmery alphabet one). I have loved that sheet of paper to death. I have used it so much! I don't know if I like the way the wings turned out with the dots of spica colors, but I wanted to try something new. I just ordered some of the new Shimmerz paint, so I can't wait to get that and try it out on my wings. I have a bunch of fairy images, so that will be good for that.

Here is the other card I came up with:

Copics used on Tilda: W0, W2, RV11, RV32, R20, Y11, Y15, Y21, Y23, E00, E41, E47, E55, E57, B32, B34 and my colorless blender.
Copics used on the window: E41, E47, E55, E57, BG10, colorless blender and Ice Stickles.

I am very happy with the way this turned out. I hand cut Tilda out and then pop-dotted her on a window that I also hand cut. The window is from Stampin' Up, it is an older hostess set that is no longer available. I was very excited to figure out that it was the right size to use with these stamps. Again, I used some older Basic Grey papers.

All cardstock on both cards is Bazzill. The card bases are made with a sheet of bling. I love the shimmer to it. Both cards used sentiment stamps from Mona Lisa Moments. Upon posting this, I noticed the cat hairs on the cards. Sorry about that. I didn't feel like retaking the pictures. My little Pixie Cat loves to come into the hobby room, and climb all over my desk when I am working.

I should be getting a rather large order of Copics tomorrow. I am pretty excited about that.

I didn't do this on my last blog, but here is a Random Fact: My senior year in high school, I was the yearbook editor. The art teacher was in charge of the yearbook, and I loved working in that art room. I took so many pictures, did so many page layouts, and learned so much about my schoolmates. I really loved it. I think that really plays into the fact that I now like scrapbooking so much. Have a great week everyone. I promise to get back into the swing of blogging again, and post more frequently.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are amazing with those stamps and those Copics April! I can not start buying those, but knowing you, you will convince me to buy some!
Yes, you are a better blogger than I am (hanging my head in shame!) thanks for the nudge!