Wednesday, June 3, 2009

I stamp too

I just participated in an image swap at Splitcoaststampers, and thought I would use one of the images I received for a card for my nephew's upcoming birthday. Here is the finished card:


I really like it when other bloggers list which copics they use on their projects, so here are the colors that I used:




I haven't been stamping for that long, and I am definitely still learning. I started scrapbooking around six or seven years ago, and only started stamping a year or so ago. I have been pretty pleased with my results so far. With scrapbooking and stamping I take my time. I am a very precise person, and this drives my friend Dana crazy. When I am at her house for her monthly get togethers she says that she can't watch me! I have to like what I am working on or I will pull it apart until I do.

If anyone has any tips on getting better pictures of the finished projects, I would love to hear them. I used my 50mm 1.8 lens. (That is by far my favorite lens, if you don't have it and use a Canon, you really should invest in it. It is around $100)


Random Fact: I love the beach (really who doesn't though). I spent some of my growing up years living in North Carolina and absolutely loved living that close to the ocean. I always thought I would end up living in a beach house. There is still time though!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE your card April, you keep stamping because you do it well! How fun that you are doing the image swap!
I did not know that you ended up getting the 50mm lens! That is next on my list too.
You are doing good updating your blog too :)
Hugs!